Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First Sleep Over

Josie enjoyed her very first sleep over Saturday night with Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Terry. Can you believe it?! This was the first time she has EVER stayed the night other than at home with Mommy and Daddy. I have to say that it felt a little weird not waking up to the sound of Josie jumping up and down on her bed yelling Mama or Dada for us to come and rescue her from her crib. Brent and I enjoyed a nice evening out. We had a wedding and a reception to attend for a girl that I went to high school with. It was a great evening! Just ask the bartender. The wine was a flowing. Saturday was not just the first sleep over Josie had, but also the first date that Brent and I have shared together alone with no Josie since she has been born. She is almost 2 if that tells you anything. Man that makes me sound old.

When I ask Josie what her and Grandma did all night all I get is smiles. Not just any smiles, but you know those "I'm up to something" looking smiles when you just know that she has done something that she knows that she is not suppose to. I guess whatever they did is their little secret. Well, like my mother used to say I have friends everywhere and eventually will find out everything.

No comments: