Josie's pumpkin patch is huge and has lots of blooms. She loves to walk out in the patch and admire her future pumpkins. After all of this rain we have been having the plants have all grown tremendously. They are all huge. Especially the tomatoes.
Some to the garden is taking a beaten. Brent is not big on weeding the garden, so I think the weeds are kicking our butts. Brent decided this year not to fence in the garden, because in his words it was to much work and not worth it. Well, we have found that something loves not having the fence up this year. My guess it is probably a combination of different critters.
Well, tonight Josie and I busted one of our culprits red handed. Josie and I had ventured outside about 7:30 PM to go for a walk. The car was parked in the driveway, so I could not see the garden from the house. We went outside and started for the car, we got almost of the car when we heard something like snort at us. What the heck I thought, and when I looked over the car I saw a deer high tailing it out of the garden. No wonder, all of our veggies are gone the deer is eating them for dinner. The deer ran to the other end of the yard and waited on me to get out of her way that way she could finish her dinner. She did come back, but then decided to cross the fence and venture across the street instead. All night, Josie kept her eyes on the garden waiting for the "D" (deer) to come back.
Josie watching her pumpkins grow
Young gardener at work
Our pumpkins are growing
"Hey, Daddy can't you see I'm working here?!"
Green Bell Peppers
Banana Peppers
Tomatoes
Cherry Tomatoes
No comments:
Post a Comment