Josie and I must have had some sort of signs on our backs that stated "Bite Me" or something last week. It was just a bad week for bites.
I was bit by a spider or something on my ankle. It got to the point that I had to go to the doctors to have it looked at. My ankle swelled up pretty good and left a really dark red circle about the size of a penny. It looked very bad so to the doctors I went. It did not look infected, which is great. It did not have any fluid behind it also. Thank god! It itched like crazy however. We decided to give it to yesterday before being put on extremely high levels of antibiotics. The antibiotics was just going to be a precautionary type of a thing that way nothing bad would come of this nasty bite. We decided not to but them on them right away because she said that the med is very strong and I said it was looking better. I would have had to be on it for 10 days 2 times a day. Man that is a lot of meds. However, it had some side effects such as I could not be out in the sun at all, I would be extremely tired, and so on. When I went to the doctors it appeared to look better than the day before, however I did not want to take any chances with this nasty bit because it looked so bad. When I called the doctors they did not even have me make and appointment they made me come in ASAP. When that happened I knew I had did the right thing by calling the doctors. I have had the bite for a little over a week now and it is almost healed up and the itching has stopped. Thank goodness! Plus, I did not have to go on the meds.
Josie was outside playing in her playhouse when she came to me and was whining about her knee. Not really crying just whiny. I simply thought that she had just bumped it on something and wanted me to kiss it to make it feel better like she makes me do all of the time for any little thing. However, when I went to go kiss it I noticed that she had not bumped it, but had been stung by a bee or wasp. By her knee had a welt that was starting to grow and you could see where it got her. So, inside to do my Mommy job. You know because I am not just a Mommy, but I am also a Housekeeper, Maid, Cook, Doctor, Driver, and millions of jobs beyond that. Well, Doctor Mommy got it making feel better and off to go play again she went with her Popsicle instead of a sucker.
All I can say is "those dang bugs."
No comments:
Post a Comment