Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Where Have You Been?!

I know most of you probably thought I fell off the face of the earth because I have not posted anything in the last few days. Well, I did not. Thank goodness, huh! If I did who would post wonderful photos of my dear Josie Kay?

Anyways, we took a little family vacation. Can you believe it? Last year, we did not venture out anywhere and it was a long summer, so we thought this year we would just go on a short little adventure and have some fun and that is exactly what we did. We got up Saturday morning relaxed, played, and waited until Josie was really really tired before heading out for our drive to St. Louis for vacation. We hoped and prayed that by waiting until it was way past nap time that she would sleep a good chunk of the way. Well, it did not happen the way that we had planned. She slept for about the first 20 minutes and that was all the entire rest of the way. Talk about ringing your hair out! "Mama, book." "Mama, marker." It was Mama this and Mama that the entire way. What was really bad was that I was driving, so I could not retrieve the items she wanted and Brent did not think she needed them. If she doesn't have anything to play with maybe she will fall asleep was his thinking. Wrong. Why wasn't she sleeping? She was way to tired to be awake. I guess it was like that commercial on TV about Disney World. "I'm to excited to sleep!"

We hit some road closures on our drive, so we made our own detour, but we made it there safely. Josie was all happy and smiles when we arrived. She was on her first vacation and was letting us know how excited she was. We did not have any plans the first day, but to drive since we were getting a late start. So, we relaxed in the hotel and soaked up the FREE CABLE. To those of you that have cable, this does not seem like a luxury. However, to those who do not like us, was like vacation.

I had to laugh uncontrollably when we first arrived at the hotel. Josie went running through the room like a chicken with her head cut off screaming, got on the bed, and started to jump. What a funny girl! The first thing she does is jump on the bed. Now, that is one excited vacation goer.

Here are just a few photos from our first nights stay. I will post more photos and details about the rest of the trip later. Enjoy!


Josie was making faces at me because she stole my spot in the bed and wanted to let me know that I was not getting it back.


Ah, vacation. This is the life.


Josie was loving jumping on the King size bed.


Mama, the way to test the bed to see if it is alright to sleep on is to jump on it.


All pooped from her long exciting car ride.

No comments: