I hope everyone had a joyous Mother's Day.
I am going to use this post as a little venting. Mine Mother's Day could have been a million times better, at least for me. It all started out with a rush rush morning. Saturday night, I asked Brent if I needed to set the alarm so that we could go to church. We decided not to because Little Miss Josie is up by 7 AM anyways. Well, the one day that we need to be up by 8 AM, she decides to sleep until 8:30. Ok, so I have to leave the house by 9 AM to make it to church on time. That gave me 30 minutes to get myself, 2 children dressed, and both fed. OMG! Brent knew I was rushing around the house like a chicken with my head cut off, but in bed he still was. He finally rolled out of bed at 8:55 and helped get the kids dressed. Thanks! Rush, Rush, Rush. The kids got loaded in the car (of course by now it was 9:10) and Josie asked him if he was coming and his response was "I was but you are running late." What an excuse...He was never planning on going. He wanted me to leave the kids home, well no it was Mother's Day I was not doing that.
When we arrived home from church 2 hours later he had done nothing. The house was still a complete mess, no garden put in, nothing. What did he do?
Then, came the nap time fight. Josie fought me for over an hour and a half to take a nap. She was extremely tired, but just would not go to sleep. She was so tired on the way home from church that I kept messing with her to keep her awake until we got home to get her to take a nap. As I was fighting with Josie, where was Brent but outside playing. Imagine that!
We were to meet Debbie and the clan at 1 PM for a picnic, well at 1 I was still fighting Josie to take a nap. Brent ended up giving into her and let her get up. I kept telling her that she had to take a nap that way we could go to the park and play with Grandma, but no nap happened. She told me "WE ARE GOING TO THE PARK!" when I would tell her if she did not take a nap we could not go, because she would not be a nice girl to all of her friends. What a little brat!
Nothing could go right, I was in a bad mood and nothing was going to get me out of it because things just kept climbing and climbing.
My sister Jamie and I had a bet going on the entire Mother's Day thing. We each bet we would get nothing and at least I was right. Not even a card, and Brent did not even say Happy Mother's Day to me. I do not care about gifts on this day, but come on a card would have been appreciated. His response was that he was going to have the kids do an art project, but it didn't work out that they could do it because of sleeping schedules on Saturday. What!?!
Josie did give me and my grandma a flower at church and colored me a beautiful picture, but none of that was Brent's doing.
Then came supper time. We did not go out to eat with my grandma because I finally got Josie to take a nap. However, when it came time for us to eat, Brent looked at me to cook. NO WAY! I ended up reheating my own leftovers for dinner and ate by myself while Josie got a bath. What a wondrous Mother's Day meal, huh. Plus, I had to wash my own dish.
Let me just say Mother's Day next year better be better or else someone is really in the doghouse.
No comments:
Post a Comment