Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sick Little Girl

I know I have not posted pictures from our holiday fun, but right now I am lacking some time. Josie played hard out in the snow today, which I do have pictures of and then later this evening became ill. It is very weird. She had gotten up from her nap and was playing not very hard or anything and I was in the kitchen looking for something to make us for dinner when she came into the kitchen then seconds later...lost her cookies all over the floor. She started to gag and I looked at her and said are you ok thinking she had taken a big drink and it went down the wrong tube. Seconds later, I mean it was a good 3 feet of projectile vomiting. Clear across the kitchen floor it went. I yelled for Brent as I scooped my little girl up and headed for the sink where she continued to get sick. Poor thing. She had it everywhere all over her clothes in and even in her hair. She then told me "feel better, tummy hurt, I sick." Brent and I cleaned up the hug mess, which I was very proud of since vomit is one of my weaknesses and I did very well. Brent got into the shower with her and she seemed to be fine. I do not know what it was that caused it put I hate not seeing her feeling well. This was the first time she has ever gotten sick in this form and I know it will not be the last one. She laid on the couch with us and we watched Peter Pan the first time she has ever seen this and while watching the movie it happened again. This time it was mostly water thank goodness.

She did not want to go to bed even though she did not feel well and was really tired. She got out of bed once when I thought she had finally fallen asleep and headed straight for our bedroom. I followed her and asked her what she was doing. Her response was "I sleep in Mommy's bed." I asked her why she thought she could sleep in my bed and her response was "I sick Mommy. I sleep in Mommy's bed?" After this being over an hour after we first tried to lay her down I gave into my sick baby. I told her ok, but later I will put her in her own bed and she agreed.

I just hope it was just all the fun in the snow and lack of sleep she has been having that caused this and not the flu. We will have to see what tomorrow brings for our sick little girl.

No comments: