Josie is going to be a great big sister Brent and I have already determined. She is so excellent around children younger then her. She cracks me up with all of the motherly things that she does. She loves playing with her baby. It is absolutely adorable the things that she does.
When she gets up in the morning, she will tuck her baby into her bad, make sure that the sound machine is going, turn on the fan, and then leave the bedroom and close the door. This is just like what we do for Josie. She will walk out going "Shh baby sleeping." As she is saying this she is talking in a whisper voice and has her index finger over her mouth for the shh.
She practices feeding the baby with a spoon at times, shares her binkie with the baby, gives the baby drinks of her milk, rocks the baby and pats its back going shh like it was sad and crying, changes its diaper (even though it does not wear one), and gives it hugs and kisses.
She even made us laugh so hard the other day, I thought I was going to pee my pants. She came into our bedroom in the evening when it was time to watch tv and relax in Mommy's bed before night night time. This is our routine. We cuddle up together under the covers in Mommy's bed and watch a little tv before she goes to bed. This helps calm her down and get ready to go to sleep. Anyways, she decided that the baby needed to lay in Mommy's bed with us. She went to her room woke up her baby and brought it to bed with us. She was sitting there and then stated "boobie." She then lifted up her shirt and placed the baby to her chest as if she was nursing the baby. I thought Brent and I were going to die laughing. The sitter that she goes to has a little girl and she is nursing her. So, Josie must be seeing her nurse when she is there during the day. This is not the first time Josie has done this. She has been actually doing this for a while, meaning even before the sitter had her baby in February last year. I nursed Josie some people thought for way to long, since she was 21 months old when I completely stopped. I knew it was time to stop when she was acting like she was feeding her baby in the same way, she really didn't need me to nurse her anymore, and was already drinking cows milk. I mean Josie was completely off the bottle and drinking from a sippy cup and drinking cows milk at 11 months old. I only fed her right before bed, Brent says for me not for her. I don't believe that, but I knew she did not need me anymore. It made me sad to stop, but she was a big girl. I should have stopped way before then, but of course didn't.
If you ask Josie "where is Mommy's baby?" she will respond by saying "Mommy's tummy" or by lifting up my shirt and pointing to my tummy. She knows what is going on, but the real test will be when the baby arrives in March if she fully understands. The baby is not moving around enough I think for Josie to really feel the movements in my tummy yet. The movements are still very faint, but ones you can really feel them by touching my tummy I am going to have her feel the baby move and see if she understands it a little more.
Oh, yeah I forgot to mention...Josie will even lift up my shirt and kiss my tummy and go "baby." This is really cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment