Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

On Saturday, Josie, Brent, my sister Jamie, her husband Jason and two kids Jacob and Presley decided that we were going to venture out to an actual pumpkin patch and hand select our very own pumpkins. I have never been to an actual pumpkin patch before and obviously Josie hasn't either. We have been trying to go now for a few weeks however with the bad weather that we have been having it just didn't happen. That was until Saturday. The sun was shining at least it was when we left the house and the temperture was not freezing cold. I have to admit it though the temperture dropped as we were there.

The kids had a blast running through the open pumpkin patch trying to find the perfect pumpkin in thier very own eyes. Jacob wanted a "BIG" pumpkin. The kids were so funny they would find one and go "this one?" then walk a few feet "this one?" This went on all afternoon. Brent was really tired as he had worked the night before and was woke up very early to Josie kindly asking him to go and giving him hugs and kisses to try to persuade him to attend with us. As you can tell, it worked. Now, who can say no to my precious baby girl?!

The kids hand selected thier pumpkin of choice as did Jamie and I. I chose a large pumpkin and poor Brent had to carry it though the field for me. It was huge and weighed a ton. Man, I love being pregnant, because if I wasn't he would have had be carry it myself and there is no way that I could have made it through the whole patch. The patch I have to admit was pretty much picked over, but I think we found a few good ones.

Josie chose a tiny pumpkin and being the mean Mommy that I am (you know) made her carry the pumpkin through most of the patch. At first, she loved it and would not let me even touch it. That was until she got tired and wanted me to carry her. Brent keeps getting on me for carrying her way to much. Not that he cares, but that I am pregnant and does not think that it is good for baby #2 and me. You know since she ways close to 30 pounds. So, I made her walk, because I did not want to mess with the rath of Brent yelling at me to put her down and make her walk.

When we got back from the patch, the kids enjoyed a little play time on train that was set up for the kids to play on.

The kids were wiped out by the end of our adventure. Josie fell asleep shortly after we got into the car to go home. Poor kid all of the walking that she did and fresh air that she got simply kicked her little butt.

Overall, we had a wonderful day as a family! Here are some photos from our Family Fun day at the Pumpkin Patch.



















No comments: