I have an very busy life with lots of different professions and jobs that I do on a daily basis. You the list that includes:
1. teacher (not just at school, but at home also. You know teaching Josie not to stick things in the toilet. Which she thinks is funny!)
2. janitor (picking up all the fun messes in the kitchen, especially after Josie eats or cleaning the lovely training potty)
3. maid (picking up after Josie. As she always states when it is time to pick up all of her toys. "No Mama pick-up." Meaning I do not have to do it Mommy will.
4. laundry maid (how can 3 people create so much laundry. I can only imagine what it will be like with a household of 4. Heaven help me! I can never catch up.)
5. dishwasher (don't even get me started there)
Well, I never in a million years thought I would have to add this new job to my ongoing list - "mouse catcher." Yes, I did say MOUSE CATCHER! Well, I guess mouse catcher might not be the correct name for it.
Wednesday night was a night I will never forget for as long as I live. I had a rough day at school, due to me not feeling up to par. I was working on some paperwork I had to get completed to turn in the next day for work, when I had to call in some recruits. I called my sister to get some help on exactly what to do with some on the paperwork I had. While I was on the phone with her I walked into the upstairs living room from the kitchen table to pick up a few of Josie's toys while I chatted on the phone. When I was finished I turned around to go back to the table to finish the paperwork, when all of a sudden a saw a MOUSE run across the kitchen floor. YES, I SAID MOUSE! I started screaming at the top of my lungs and jumped up onto the kitchen counter in one motion. Oh, course I told my sisters I had to go and hung up just like that. Luckily Brent was off, so of course I was screaming hysterically. I yelled at Brent and he thought he was in deep crap. I remember yelling "BRENT MARSHALL PARKER GET YOUR @## UP HER RIGHT NOW! MOVE IT NOW!" along with other things. He came running upstairs to find me crying, going hysterical, and up on the kitchen counter. Oh course, he wondered what the heck was going on. I informed him that I saw a mouse and he thought that I was lying. Now, come on if I was crying and on the kitchen counter would I really be lying. Come on! I informed him that I saw it run under Josie's play doh table sitting by the door that she played with the night before. He moved it with a attitude like whatever. He then jumped backwards and realized no there was a mouse. We stood there and pondered for several minutes how we were going to catch the little booger. By then I was on a stool, armed with a broom, blocking the upstairs living room. If the mouse ran my way I had to defend myself and keep him out of the living room. If he ran in there we were royally screwed. Brent opened the kitchen door to get the other broom and as soon as he did the little varmint ran downstairs. AHHHHH!
Brent saw it running and chased him down the steps to see where he was headed. I do not even think Brent's feet even hit a step on the way down. By this point, I was majorly stressed out and emotionally unstable. We located the mouse in the basement. Thank god! If you have not got this yet, I am deathly afraid of mice. Any size large or small, they are all the same. Brent knows my fear and this was just way to much that I actually had to help him capture this mouse. Fast forward about 30 minutes of me crying. The mouse had ran under a dresser I have in the basement. If he ran out my way I had to attach, Brent's way it was his job. At this point. Brent was only armed with a fly swatter. I know not the appropriate defense tool, but I could not go and retrieve him a new item without the fear the mouse would run out while I was gone. I was standing on tub crying waiting for the brat to come out. Brent would shake the dresser a little and it would pock its head out my way. I would go crazy and scare it back under again. I kept telling Brent that if it came my way we would be in a world of trouble, because it was so fast that it would probably get past me and then we would be back to being screwed again. Anyways, I ended up scaring it Brent's way. Thank God! Brent ended up killing the rotten mouse with a fly swatter. Can you believe that a fly swatter. I know not the humane way of doing it, but we did not have any mouse traps and there was no way on hell I was going to bed with a mouse in my house.
I have always told Brent that if I found a mouse in the house Josie and I were gone until he successfully caught the rodent. I do not care, I will stay in a hotel if I have to. Talk about deathly afraid of mice I know.
With it getting cold outside and the farmers starting to pick their fields of course the little varmints are going to come out and play. But not in my house! This was the very first mouse I have ever seen in my house (thank god) out of the 4 years we have lived here. All I can say is that it better be the last time also.
I have an exterminator coming next week to spray for other bug (appointment made prior to the mouse catching fiasco). So, now this has came up I will have Brent discuss the mouse situation with him.
I hate mice so much that there will occasionally be a mouse in the window well outside and while you are downstairs you can hear them scratching at the window. I make Brent go outside and dispose of them and they are not even in my house. I mean one night before Brent moved to nights and was at work at like 3 AM, I woke him up from a dead sleep hysterical and made him go outside in the freezing cold weather to get rid of it. I know weird I know, but it is my fear. Some people are scared of snakes, spiders, heights, well mine is mice. I probably would act the same way with snakes though also.
I know you are probably wondering were are the photos of our catch and such. Well, I was absolutely no shape during or after to take any photos. I mean I was a wreck. I was shaking, crying, beat red face, the whole 9-yards. So, sorry it just didn't happen.
2 comments:
Where was little Josie while all this was going on? Can't believe she could sleep thru all that racket. Better if she was asleep so she didn't see her mom acting like a crazy person.
Eddie wants to know if Brent wants a Kitty Cat...They have the best mouse traps at Bartonville Hardware. We usally get one mouse a year but it never makes it in the house because we know where they come in at and we get him, I hate mice as much as you..
Post a Comment