Where the Green Grass Grows. As of our lives are changing, so are we. Catch us here and watch us grow.
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Now Introducing...
Nash Cannon
Born December 31, 2011
5:25 AM
20 inches long
7 pounds 14.5 ounces
We welcomed our new bundle of joy into the world on December 31, 2011 at 5:25 AM. He was 7 pounds 14.5 ounces, 20 inches long, and was 12 days early. His name is Nash Cannon Parker. People ask me how we came up with his name all the time. We went on our honeymoon to Nashville, TN. Nash is short for Nashville. Cannon is my maiden name and is actually becoming popular now for first names.
Labor went really good. He was born within 2 1/2 hours of getting to the hospital. It was barely enough time for an epidural. I had went the to doctors on Friday (12/30) and was dilated to a 3 already if I was a 4 they would have had to admit me because 4 is considered to be in labor whether or not you are having contractions or not. On December 31st, I went to bed around 12:30 AM because we were out late with the family because AUnt Peggy and Wesley from Virginia were leaving that afternoon. About 2 AM, I got up to go the bathroom came back to bed and within 15 minutes I told Brent I thought my water had broke. It was just a different kind of feeling. Of course, he was so tired he stated "are you sure you just didn't pee the bed? The doctor said you might loose some bladder control because of the baby." I could have killed him for that comment. So, we got up and started to get ready still no contractions. As we were waiting for Brent's parents to get to the house to watch the other 2, my water completely broke. Luckily, I was in the breezeway and was able to step outside onto the deck for that one. Thank goodness is all I am going to say. After that, the contractions started.
When we got to the hospital, things were moving quickly. I was a 4 and by the time I got the epidural in I was an 8 and they were waiting for the doctor. I could not get the epidural right away once at the hospital because they have to run labor work which took around one hour to get all of those results once the blood was drawn. The epidural really did not have time to kick in fully by the time Nash wanted to come. The guy doing the epidural was not very good at all. He had to stick me 3 times to get the epidural in and one time hit a blood vessel. What a mess. I knew things with the epidural was not going good just by the look on the nurses face as he was doing it. Brent could not be in the room for that, I do not know exactly why they do not let them, but he over heard the guy talking to a nurse in the hall directly afterwards and he even said it went horrible.
Overall, things did go very smoothly and fast. I told Brent I would not want things to have gone any faster, but I think your water braking is the way to go. Just think about it...having contractions all day and being super tired when you go to the hopital and them deciding to keep you or not and being in labor for hours. Or having your water brake at home with no contractions until it happens and then 2 1/2 hours later a baby being there. I guess it is a give and take kind of thing.
We are home now and recovering very well. Josie and Ogdan do excellent with Nash.
Photo taken about 1 hour prior to delivery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment