I was out of commission all weekend. I came home from work on Friday an hour and a half early sicker than a dog. At work, I only have two options either to take a full day off of work or a half day. I can not just take off an hour early or anything. So, Friday I wasted some time and had to take the half day to leave a little early. I started out the morning just fine feeling. However, by lunchtime I did not feel well. I ate some lunch thinking it would help me feel better since I do not eat breakfast that the last thing I ate was dinner the night before. Well, within an hour I was running up and down the hall to the bathroom getting sick while another teacher watched my class. I had all 5 of my classroom windows opened all the way freezing the kids out and I was sweating. They kept asking me to close the windows. They were even asking to get their coats from their lockers. After about 30 minutes I could not take it anymore. I called the office made them scramble around someone to cover my classroom and home I came.
I barely made it home. And the battle began. I raced back and forth from bed to the bathroom for 9 hours. When the bad part of the battle was over a winner was declared. Lets just say the toilet won this time, hands down.
However, I was not the only one that was sick. About 6 PM Brent came upstairs to me and said that Josie was getting sick all over the basement. She had told him she didn't feel well and did not eat her favorite meal for supper, pizza. She kept complaining that her tummy hurt. So, in bed with me she came while Brent slept in her bed away from all of the germs. She would wake up in her sleep throwing up. The sheets got nasty, pillows, jammies, comforter, and lets not forget the already sick Mommy.
On Saturday after a long brutal night, Josie was back to normal, Brent was beginning to feel ill and had to go to work and I was still not feeling up to par. I was extremely tired, ached all over, and I had a pounding headache. Debbie came over Saturday to watch the kids for me for a while I got in the shower to get all of the nasty germs off (and Josie also) and take a much needed nap. I did not sleep much the night before so a good nap was needed. When I got up after about a 2 hour really good nap, Debbie went home and the kids and I then took a 2 1/2 hour nap. Rock on kids! Thanks Debbie for your help.
Sunday, was the same story. I still was not up to par yet, still really tired, headache, and body ached. I even had a fever. I took the kids to Debbie's house for a while so that I could go up to the school and prepare some things just in case I was not at school on Monday. With this nasty bug who knows what it was going to entail.
I am feeling much better now, but still really sleepy.
No comments:
Post a Comment