Friday, January 7, 2011

Redneck

I have a pair of blue jeans that I just absolutely LOVE! You know that kind of pair that you have worn so much they are like paper thin. We all have something like that. Something that we love so much we just simply can not even desire getting rid of. Perhaps it is a shirt or pair of pants, whatever it is it is just way to comfortable to get rid of. Well, my pair of jeans was just that.

On Fridays at work it is casual days, so jeans we can wear. YEAH! Well, I decided to wear my favorite pair of pants for the very last time ever to school on Friday. After wearing them to school they were going to go in the trash can. They did not look bad or anything. I love them because they are the only pair of jeans I have/can find that I do not have to wear some sort of heals with and I can wear my tennis shoes without stepping on the pant leg.

So, on this Friday I wore my favorite pants I get to school to start my day and bump into the corner of a table and it was all over. I looked down to find that it had ripped a hole in my pants. Thank goodness it was above the knee. Great I thought to myself now what. I did not want to go home and change because the weather was not all that good, also because of the lack of time I had until class began. So, I improvised. I put a piece of masking tap over the hole that was about a little over an inch long. I taped the inside and outside of my pants. Talk about white trashy and redneck. Put hey it was smart thinking. All day long, I had students come up to me and stated "did you know you have tape on your pants?" I kept responding "Oh is that where I put that?!? Silly." My co-workers got a hoot out of my situation. At least I did not rip the butt out of my pants I kept thinking. Well, at least I could have tied my sweatshirt around that.

So, I went all day with white trashy, redneck pants to come home and want to cry as I placed my beloved pair of favorite jeans into the trash can. If I only now could find a new favorite replacement. Until then healed shoes you are my friend.

No comments: