Everyone celebrates Halloween in all different ways. However, who could not forget the art of Pumpkin Carving. On Friday afternoon, when I got home from work, but before Brent went to work we decided we needed to carve our pumpkins. Josie had a blast. At first she was kind of skeptical. She put her hand in the pumpkin to scrap out the seeds and stated "eww...yucky" and tried to get all of the seeds off of her little hand. However, after that moment she was a pumpkin seed maniac. She kept pulling up her sleeved and going in both hands at the same time to retrieve all of the seeds. She was really good at getting out the pumpkin snot as I call it. The really slimy stringy stuff. She would pull out a handful and then shake her hand to get all of the guts off of it. Lets just say carving pumpkins in the house is not a very good idea. I had pumpkin seeds all over the kitchen floor and somehow I ended up finding one in the basement yesterday. How that happened is beyond me. It must have got transferred downstairs on the bottom of someones sock. Overall, we had a blast carving our pumpkins this year. Josie being a year older was more into the entire process and hilarious.
She is really into sharing. So, as we were carving our pumpkins and getting out the guts she would kindly say "Mommy's turn" meaning my turn to stick my hand in the pumpkin then after I did she would state "Josie's turn." It was so cute!
When we were finished, I had no other choice but to put Josie in the bathtub. She had pumpkin guts everywhere and when I say everywhere I mean everywhere. She had it in her hair, all over her clothes and we even had her sleeves pulled all of the way up, all over her face, lets just say by the looks of it she had a blast. Putting her in the tub was gross, as soon as she sat down you could see pumpkin guts floating in the water. The tub was tinted orange by the time we were finished.
What a blast we had! So, how do you think they turned out!
Trick or Treat
"Eww...gross" as she tries to get all of the pumpkin guts off of her
Look at that face. It is one of those "come on Mommy no more pictures" type of face
I'll get all of them Mommy, don't worry. I am getting really good at this.
>
Finished products
My little pumpkins!
No comments:
Post a Comment