Saturday, November 5, 2011

1st Place Winners

We ventured up to the local Halloween parade and costume contest. There was tons of kids in some pretty cool costumes. Josie was dressed this year in a homemade costume (made by my Grandma Grace and I) being a Ringmaster in the circus and Ogdan was a lion. We marched down Main Street showing off our creative costumes. We doctored up the wagon to look like a lion cage, but Ogdan wanted nothing to do with it. I think it was all of the strange people in strange costumes. He would not sit in the wagon or walk. Oh no, he had to be carried.

I am proud to say that for the 2nd year in a row my kiddos have mopped up 1st place. Way to go sweeties!

Brent told me that next year we need not to try. I tell him I do not try to win. It just happens. I guess that is the teacher/creative side of me. I mean I do not like dressing my kids up in costumes that 50 thousand other kids have the exact same costume purchased from the Halloween store or Wal-Mart. I like coming up with creative costumes that no one else will have. I know it takes a lot of work preparing for one night when you do it that way, but my Mom used to make my costumes so I only feel right making mine. I mean think about it...you go to a costume contest and there are 3 M&M's. You can not just pick one of them because that would be wrong only picking one when 3 people had the same costume. So, you kind of have to think outside of the box. Brent just thinks other kids should have a chance to win. I agree, so come on people give me some compation already. I think it is the teacher in my to think outside of the box. However, again it takes me and my Grandma lots of time and effort to complete these masterpieces. I mean hours and hours of work. Who has that time I know? My kids are worth every second I spend doing things for them in my opinion.

Move over kids, this is our town!












No comments: