This is not a very good picture of Josie, but who is really photogenic at 6:15 AM.
At what age do you start allowing your child to start wearing make-up? That is the question. Josie watches me put on my make-up every morning before I head off to work. She loves watching and even wants some herself. So, being the nice Mommy that I am, I pretend to put some on her or give her the brush and act like I have already put make-up on it and let her do it herself. She thinks she looks so "pretty" in her words and struts her stuff when she has it on. Oh, and she has to have lipstick too.
Well, the other morning I was putting on my make-up as usual and she was sitting on the toilet seat watching. Like any other morning talking to me as I get ready for work. She grabbed the brush and was putting on make-up(well not really since there was nothing on it) and grabbed the mascara. I told her not to open it, it was something that only Mommy could put on her. She said ok and then put it back. I continued to do my hair and finish putting on my make-up when I looked down at Josie and saw that she had gotten out the mascara again and this time had opened the tube and put it on herself. My eyes felt like they were going to pop out of my head. I quickly asked "what did you do?" Her response all cute like was "I put on make-up. Pretty Mommy!" I wanted to die laughing.
At such a young age she thinks she needs make-up. Oh goodness. Even when she goes over to Grandma Debbie's she always has to make sure to put on her make-up also.
The black lines that you see are the mascara that she put on herself. She knew that mascara goes on the eyes, but obviously her aim was a little off.
1 comment:
She has good manual dexterity for 2 years old.
Post a Comment