It may be January, but here in our household it is Christmas all over again. As most of you know back several months ago, Brent finally got the tractor of his dreams. At the time is did not run properly and needed some work done to it, but it was all his and no one elses. Over Christmas break, it was finally finished. A friend/cousin of ours has been working on his new toy and finally got everything going good. When Brent went and picked it up, he thought it was Christmas all over again. We had a little bit of snow then, so of course he had to play on it in the dark since he did not pick it up until after 4:00 and it gets dark by 5:00.
Today, we woke up to around 6 inches of additional snow on top of what we already had. Brent was so excited that way he could get out and play on his new toy. For him it was like Christmas all over again. However, when Brent went to the window, his huge happy face quickly went to a sad face. I did not think anything of it, but then he became really crabby for some reason. I looked out the window and had found that our nice neighbor had plowed out our driveway for us. How nice is he! I must say that I love that the neighbor was kind enough to do this for us, but since Brent just got his tractor it saddened me that he beat Brent to it. Our neighbor did not know that Brent had gotten his tractor already. He knew he was getting it at sometime, but did not know when.
Even though our neighbor was nice enough to plow us out, Brent let it sit for a while with the wind and then of course had to get out on the tractor and re-plow and fix the drive so that it was up to his standards of plowing. Funny I know. It is freezing outside, but he did not care as long as he got to play in the snow on his new toy.
With all of the snow, I got the day off of school. YEAH! So, Josie and I watched Brent play from inside where we stayed warm by the fire all day. What a life! Sat by the fire and never got out of our jammies.
Here are a few photos from the day after Brent got his new set of wheels. Enjoy! Brent does.
No comments:
Post a Comment