Where the Green Grass Grows. As of our lives are changing, so are we. Catch us here and watch us grow.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Ouch! Hot!
Josie got the worst owie so far last night. I had just gotten out of a hot oven homemade enchiladas for dinner. I placed the extremely hot pan of yummy enchiladas on the table and the first thing little one did was just right up in Daddy's chair for dinner. I told her that they were really really hot and she had to get down, so that that she did not get hurt. She listened to Mommy's request and got down. I then went on to get her drink, the plates, etc. To turn around to Josie, leaning over the very hot pan rubbing her chin and then start to scream hysterically. I knew right then what she had done. She had touched the hot pan. I immediately put ice on her chin. What she was doing was blowing on the enchiladas to get them cool is my guess. That is what we have taught her to do when our food is hot is to blow on it before putting it in your mouth. She was just trying to cool down dinner and in return got hurt. Pour little girl. It was not until later on during dinner when she leaned her head back that I noticed that she did not touch her upper chin like she was rubbing, but on the under side of her chin. Which when that evidence came about confirmed my notion of her blowing on the pan. She was leaned over the pan and bent down to close to it and touched the underside of her chin. She has a strip under her chin about a little over an inch long where she got burned. It looks like it kills. She only cried for a few minutes, but still OUCH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment