Saturday, November 29, 2008

Dear Santa....

Does everyone have their Dear Santa letters done yet??? Christmas is only 26 days away, did you hear me 26 days away. Crazy, huh! Brent and I went out the other night Christmas shopping and got most of it done. YEAH! I hate fighting the crowds after Thanksgiving to go out shopping, so we ventured out on Tuesday to get a good start and that is exactly what we did. After some shopping, we enjoyed dinner and a movie, Role Models. All of this was without our little peanut. Grandma and Grandpa Parker watched her. This was the 1st time since Josie has been born that Brent and I enjoyed dinner and a movie. Can you believe that? Josie is almost 15 months old and we had not enjoyed a date yet. It was nice, but we did miss her even though we were only gone for a few hours.

Lots of people have their very own traditions on Christmas, as do we. People have asked me is Santa is going to be treating Josie very well this year. Our Santa tradition is a little different from others. Santa only brings 1 gift. All of the other gifts are from Mommy and Daddy. All of Josie's gifts are under the tree the entire holiday season except the gift from Santa. Santa can only bring 1 gift, because he can only fit 1 gift per child in his bag.

1 comment:

Stevie & Jeff said...

that is what Jeff and I are doing with Carson. I don't believe in Santa bring all the presents. She can get one gift from santa after that from mom and dad. I think it also a good lesson for kids.