Monday, July 9, 2007

If you plant it...it will grow



Living out in the country has all of its perks. We have enjoyed a garden last year that did really well and this year is also doing great also. Brent and I have been slacking off a little by letting the weeds take over, so you could say we have an excellent weed garden. But when you have a large garden sometimes you just can not help it. This year we tried some new things in the garden. The onions did not come up at all and the lettuce was kind of spotty, but the rest is going EXCELLENT! I decided last year that this year was going to be the year for Salsa. I did red raspberry jam last year and this year was going to be jam and salsa, however with the late frost my raspberry plants did not do well at all, so I guess I am just going to stick to Salsa. I decided that next year I am going to make homemade pickles. Trying something new each year! Yeah! I have become one country girl alright.

I have so many tomatoes on my 3 plants that I will be making a crap load of Salsa and eating tons of BLT's. Thank goodness I love BLT's. Tonight, I decided it was time to quit slacking and to the garden to pick what was ready. It took me forever! I picked 19 CUCUMBERS! Yes, 19. There were some rather large ones, including one that measured to be 9 1/2 inches long! Is that a record??? It is for me at least.
As they say, or something like this, "If you plant it....it will grow." Ok, the real line is "if you build it they will come," but I like mine better.

No comments: