to finish getting all of her shots. Last week, my dad took her to her appointment and with her being only 5 little pounds only allowed them to give her 1 out of the 3 shots needed. We had a dog years ago named Taffy, who we believe died from overloading her system with medication from the shots. She was old, but that doesn't matter she was our little baby for 17 years. She was a Yorkie-Poo, half Yorkie and half poodle. So let me tell you why I titled this post "How am I going to be able to do this?" We had a wonderful ride into Bartonville to the vet office with Halle sitting on my lap looking out the window like usual. She loves to ride in the car. However, as we were getting closer to the vets office she started to shake. She knew what was going to happen and she didn't like it one bit. She started crying and did not want me to put her down. As we went into the room to get her 2 shots which turned into 4 because they were able to give her meds for the pain and discomfort. She looked at me with a sad face and cried. She would not sit still and wanted me to hold her that she kept moving and they had to keep sticking her. I knew she was mad at me. I could not take her sad face and crying. I felt like the worst mom ever to let them do that to her. But then as I think about I hate needles also.
This is one fear I have to get over and quick. What am I going to do when my little bundle of joy has to get shots and cries. Let me think....I will cry too!
Halle was spoiled the rest of the day and got lots of attention and cuddles. Whatever she wanted to make her feel better is what I gave her.
No comments:
Post a Comment