Thursday, January 12, 2012

Doctor Appointment


On January 5th, we took Nash to his first doctors appointment. He was only 5 days old. At this appointment the doctor just likes to weigh the babies and make sure everything is going good. Which it is at our house. Terry watched Josie and Ogdan that way Brent and I could take Nash to the doctors, since I am not allowed to drive for 2-3 weeks. Everything with Nash looked excellent other than the fact they thought he looked a little yellow. I did not notice the jaundice until they said something about his color tint being a little yellow and then I noticed his whites of his eyes had a slight tint to them. So, they sent us to the hospital to have some tests done and we should know by the end of the day. I had never seen them take blood from a baby for this test and it was sad. They prick the heal of the foot and squeeze the foot until they get a small tube of blood. I thought it was just a little drop that they needed like the hemo test. I was wrong. It took her about 5 minutes to get enough blood because it was cold in the room and he was not bleeding. So, it was a long 5 minutes of Nash crying. The results ended up coming back just fine, so we just sat him in the sun for the day.

His states were already

Weight - 7 pounds 8 ounces - 40%-tile (a gain of 3 ounces since 1/2/12)
Height - 20.5 inches - 77%-tile (a growth of 1/2 inch since 1/2/12)
Head - 36 cm - 81%-tile

No comments: