Where the Green Grass Grows. As of our lives are changing, so are we. Catch us here and watch us grow.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Cake
It has been a family tradition to make beautiful birthday cakes. When I was younger I remember going to the Cake Shoppe and picking out the kind of cake that I wanted my mother to make and decorate for my birthday. They were not just sheet cakes decorated nicely with frosting, but were cakes in the shape of clowns, butterflies, and millions of other things and then decorated all pretty to look like the image. I decided long ago that when I had children I was going to do the same thing for my children and let the tradition that I remember my mom doing for me live on through my kids. So, last year when Josie turned one if you all remember I made the 3-D caterpillar cake with a baby caterpillar for Josie to eat. So, this year I thought long and hard of what I could make her cake to be. What did Josie really like? So, I decided to go with shoes. Yes, I said shoes. Josie at just about 2 years old has a shoe fetish as some of you may now. She loves shoes! She has to pick out the shoes she wears everyday you can not do it and she loves to sport her fancy shoes around, so I thought shoes would be a perfect fit. I made 3 cakes total. One was a large pair of flip-flops, one pair was a baby pair of flip-flops (for Josie), and one was a shoe box with a pair of high heel shoes on the top. I even made the high heel shoes all by myself. Everything was edible. The straps on the flip-flops were licorice and the high heels were made of a special kind of frosting, but you could eat every last bit of the cake. Here are a few photos of Josie's 2nd birthday cake masterpieces.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment